Windows 10 Performance Optimisation
Whether you want to play games, train your aim or maximize productivity, having an optimized machine is beneficial to get the most out of your PC. Windows 10 is an Operating System full of bloatware and unnecessary clutter. This optimization guide aims to make your PC less resource-intensive, keep a true 1:1 mouse accuracy and get higher framerates in all of your games.
- Preparing and backing up your content
- GPU Graphics Drivers
- AMD: No Optimizations needed, graphics drivers are already optimised
- Direct X end-user runtime
- Visual C++ runtime installer
- NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
- Windows 10 Debloat Script:
- Windows 10 Debloater .BAT Script:
- XanderBaatz Registry Script
- TRON Script
- Optimal Power Plan Settings for PC
- Unparking CPU cores
- Google Chrome
- Add Aiming.Pro to your desktop as an official Google App
Preparing and backing up your content
- When making changes to your PC, there is always a risk that a change/s perform unexpectedly. These changes can cause errors or even toggle functionality on your PC.
- Use your backup/cloud service of choice to backup ALL important files
Optional: Fresh install of windows 10
Note: You can skip this optional step, this is only if you want to Customise your windows 10 from a clean state.Link to Official ISO file:
- Follow the instructions set by the ISO file setup:
Programs to install once Windows 10 is setup:
- Install WinRaR/7-zip - to let you unzip folders in a more powerful software
- Google Chrome: Needed to download all the other programs
GPU Graphics Drivers
NVIDIA graphics drivers have telemetry data, used to control aspects such as Geforce Experience. These Telemetry options are not necessary for running your CPU optimally and getting rid of this Telemetry Data may get rid of background processes and speed up your PC.
This software is great for customising the content installed onto your machine from the current graphics driver. You are able to remove components you do not need or want. This will lower disk usage and background processes, keeping your machine optimized for the programs you want to use.
Link to Webpage:
- Install NVCleanstall for your machine. Do not check for updates - do this one a week manually and install any new versions while following the instructions below.
- Open NVCLeanstall and select “install best driver for my hardware”
- NVCleanstall will download the driver onto your machine. During this time, you will get a list of features to install. Select Recommended or minimum. If you need any of the other features, such as shadowplay, make sure the required features are ticked too.
- You will receive a list of additional tweaks. make sure to tick everything except “unattended express install.”
- The NVIDIA graphics driver will now be installed through the traditional UI you are used to. simply click next and go through the installation as normal while keeping everything defaulted.
- Once the install has completed, restart your machine.
AMD: No Optimizations needed, graphics drivers are already optimised
Direct X end-user runtime
How to Install DirectX
Link to Script
- Head to the link and download the Direct X End-User Runtime
- Go through the install, and untick the Bing Bar installation as this is considered bloatware
- Once installed, restart your machine
Visual c++ runtime installer
How to install Visual c++
Link to Script
- Click the link to the Visual C++ Runtime Installer and install the Zip file
- Once installed, extract to the desktop or a place of your choice
- Right click the BAT file and select “Run As Administrator”
- Once the BAT file has completed the installation, you can close and delete the Zip and extracted files
- Finally, Restart your PC to apply the changes
NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
NVIDIA Control panel settings options(Maximum Performance)
Adjust image settings with Preview:
- Head to the “Adjust image settings with preview” page
- Ensure you select the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option. This will ensure your Advanced 3D settings will be applied across every application
Configure Surround, PhysX
- Change the Processor dropdown under PhysX settings to (your GPU)
Manage 3D Settings:
- Navigate to “Manage 3D Settings”
- Select the “Global Settings” tab
- Global Settings will override the Program Settings, so there is no need to change the features set in the Program Settings tab
Make sure the features are setup as such
- Image Sharpening: off
- Ambient Occlusion: off
- Antialiasing - FXAA: Off
- Antialiasing - Gamma Correction: Off
- Antialiasing - Mode: Application-controlled
- Antialiasing - Transparency: Off
- CUDA - GPUs: All
- DSR - Factors: Off
- DSR - Smoothness: Off
- Low Latency Mode: Select ULTRA first. If there are frame drops or microstutters, switch to ON. if there are still problems of any kind, switch to OFF
- Max Framerate: Off
- Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA): Off
- OpenGL Rendering GPU: Select your GPU
- Power Management mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Preferred refresh rate (Your monitor): Highest Available
- Shader Cache: On
- Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: On
- Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias: Allow
- Texture Filtering - Quality: High Performance
- Texture Filtering - Trilinear optimisation: On
- Threaded optimisation: Auto
- Triple Buffering: Off
- Vertical Sync: Off
- Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames: 1
- Once all features have been toggled to match the table, hit Apply.
- Navigate to the “Change resolution” page
- Using the dropdown menu, look for your monitor's native resolution, under the “PC” subcategory. This will allow you to select the highest refresh rate your monitor supports
- On the right-side, use the Refresh Rate dropdown menu and select the highest Hz you have available
- On the same page, Scroll down to “3. Apply the following settings”
- Tick “Use NVIDIA colour settings”
Make sure settings are as follows
- Desktop Colour Depth: (Highest)
- Output colour depth: (highest bpc you have available)
- Output colour format: RGB
- Output dynamic range: Full
Adjust Desktop Colour Settings
- Navigate to the “Adjust Desktop Colour Settings” page
- Select the option “Use NVIDIA settings”. This will ensure colours are consistent across all applications
Adjust desktop size and Position
- Scaling: No Scaling
- Select Display under “Perform Scaling”, Tick “override the scaling mode set by games and programs.Scaling may cause latency, so these settings ensure that there is no latency
Adjust video colour settings
- Go to “2 How do you make colour adjustments?”
- Tick “with the NVIDIA settings”
- Under the “Advanced” tab, change Dynamic range: to “Full (0-255)”
Adjust video image settings
- Head to “2. Apply these settings to my video content”
- Under the Edge Enhancement category, select “use the NVIDIA setting”. Drag the slider to the value “0%”
- Under the Noise Reduction category, select “Use the NVIDIA setting”. Drag the slider to the value “0%”
- Restart your PC to apply changes
- Note: if you have other monitors, apply the monitor specific settings to those other monitors
Windows 10 Debloat Script:
Link to script:
Downloading the script:
- Download the Script from the link as a Zip file
- Extract the folder to your Desktop or Documents
Opening the Software:
- Run with PowerShell
- Right-click the GUI folder, select “open with powershell”
- Open PowerShell as Admin
- Open GUI script with notepad
- Copy all the text inside
- Paste into powershell
- Hit enter
How to use the Debloat Script:
- Select “remove all bloatware” - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Disable Cortana (unless you use it) - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Stop Edge PDF Takeover - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Uninstall OneDrive (unless you use it) - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Unpin Tiles From Start Menu - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Disable Telemetry/Tasks - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Remove Bloatware Keys - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Install NET v3.5 (usually for older games, no harm in having it just in case) - You will receive a prompt in powershell when the task is completed.
- Exit script, then exit powershell
Always Restart your PC after every single tweak. This way, you can ensure the changes have been properly applied before moving to the next step.
Windows 10 Debloater .BAT Script:
Link to script:
How to set up the script:
- Copy text
- Create a new Text Document
- Change the File extension from “.txt” to “.bat” - Do not include speech marks
- Right-click .BAT file and select “Edit”
- Paste the code into the folder
- Hit “File > Save”
- Close the program
- Right-click > Run As Administrator
- Any Errors usually means that you already removed this program at some time prior
- Program will run
- Explorer.exe may refresh itself for a moment, let it do its work
- Once the program is finished, hit the Return key to exit
- Save this program to a Document if you want to keep it for future use
XanderBaatz Registry Script
Link to Script
- Download the Registry Script to the desktop
- Right-click the Registry script and hit “Merge”
- Delete Script when done or save it to a place you want to keep it. Script is updated regularly, so check it out often!
If nothing else helps, follow the instructions from here to get the TRONScript running
Link to Script:
Optimal Power Plan Settings for PC
Unlocking Ultimate Performance Power Plan
- Go to the Windows Search box, type in Command Prompt
- Right Click the Command Prompt and select “Open As Administrator”
- Paste this command and Hit Enter: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
Applying Ultimate Power Power Plan
- Head to Control Panel “Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options”
- Select the Ultimate Performance Power Plan
- For Laptops only, select the High performance power plan if you are plugged in, and the Balanced power plan otherwise
Unparking CPU cores
Link to Script
Navigate to the link provided and download the latest version
Extract the contents to the desktop
Run the program and the program will open, no installation required
Make sure the settings are as follows
- System power plan: Ultimate Performance
- Core parking index: 100%
- Select Unpark All
- Select Apply
- Close the program
- Restart your PC
Disabling extensions not in use
- In the search bar, type in “chrome://extensions/”
- You can now disable or delete the extensions not in use
- You can always install/enable the extensions by finding them in the Chrome Web store
Experimental Flags to tweak
- In the search bar, go to chrome://flags
Change Flags to the following:
- Override software rendering list: Enabled
- Accelerated 2D Canvas: Enabled
- GPU rasterization:Enabled
- Zero-copy rasterizer: Disabled
- Note: We recommend you Tweak these flags one at a time. This will ensure you can test the benefits or drawbacks of each tweak to determine if it helps or causes a problem. If a flag does not negatively affect gaming or browsing experience, keep that flag tweaked. If the Flag causes issues with your Gaming and/or browsing experience, reset that Flag to its default value.
Add Aiming.Pro to your desktop as an official Google App
App mode in Google chrome is a function that runs a website of your choice in Application mode. Running a website in Application mode will remove the Search bar, the toolbar, the address and the borders of the webpage.
Running in application mode will also make the website run as if it was a native app on your desktop. Application mode keeps browser clutter away and makes the application run smoothly.
Step 1: Navigate to the Aiming.Pro Dashboard
Step 2: Go to the Top-right of the webpage and open the Dropdown menu. Then select “More Tools” > “Create Shortcut”
Step 3: Change the name of your new app to “Aiming.Pro”, and select the “open as Window” checkbox.
- Aiming.Pro should now have loaded into “App mode”, where you can now use Aiming.Pro as if it ran natively on your machine. This will now decrease loading times if you load Aiming.Pro solely. The App will now show up on your Desktop as a shortcut.
uninstalling Aiming.Pro as an app from my machine
- Type into your address bar the following URL: “Chrome://Apps”
- Right-click the Aiming.Pro app icon and select “remove from chrome”
- If you want to wipe all data from the app and the site, tick the checkbox that says “Clear Data”. If you want to keep your data, then untick the “clear Data” checkbox.